29.1.09

I Like Rembrant




For the first time ever, Beatle - Ringo has released limited edition fine art prints from his original works of art. The playful drummer has lent his personality to canvas with pop art that can only be compared to Haring & Lichtenstein with a twist (and Shout!)

Of course, you knew it would be available here at the original Célébrités Galleries! Keep in mind they are truly limited with only 100 in the edition. Hand signed by Ringo Starr himself - if you love it, don't delay.

All of the artist's proceeds will go to benefit the Lotus Foundation Charity. Ringo Starr takes no monies from the sale of this or any of his artwork.

The Lotus Foundation's primary objectives are to offer financial aid and assistance to facilitate family and child welfare, women's issues, animal protection, and addiction recovery and education.

Here are some interesting quotes from Ringo.

"I started in the late nineties with my computer art. While I was touring it gave me something to do in all those crazy hotels you have to stay in on the road" - Ringo 2005

"Most of the titles for my pieces arrived because on computer you have to call them something , so I have. The easy way to look at it is, if it has a hat on - it will probably be called Hat Man" - Ringo 2005

"In its way "Pop" art is always changing - like "Pop" artists. It's a natural move of things like pop music and even Popeye the sailor man." - Ringo 2005

"I like Rembrant, VanGogh, Shonberg, Condo, Nall, Max, the list is endless" - Ringo 2005

No comments: